NBE Issues Additional Exemption on Loan Restriction
October 4, 2021: National Bank of Ethiopia has issued additional exemptions regarding loan disbursement.
In a circular addressed to all banks on Friday, October 1, 2021, NBE has issued further exemptions for the following five loan categories.
1. loans to buyers of bank’s foreclosed properties availed for the purpose of ensuring loan recovery
2. inter-bank loan buyout transactions
3. bank staff emergency loans
4. housing loans approved/committed to be provided for employees of companies for the purpose of buying or constructing residential houses (only for committed or approved requests); and
5. loans approved for sesame producers found in Gondar area for the purpose of ensuring timely harvesting of same.